Since it is finally starting to warm-up in Indiana I decided it was time to update my patio furniture, so this past weekend I spent half of my Saturday afternoon spray painting it. My index finger is still a little numb from spraying the paint, but you gotta do what you gotta do! And the furniture turned out great, so the pain is well worth it! My outdoor living space is almost complete, and I’ll be featuring it in an upcoming post.
In the meantime, while I was going spray paint crazy, I decided I might as well spray paint a few of my clay flower pots…because once you get started you tend to notice other things that would look great with a fresh coat of spray paint! I also purchased some floral fabric to add to the flower pots. My one big project turned into two, but that seems to happen when I get on a roll :)
Here’s how I made the DIY Flower Pots…
1. Spray paint the clay flower pots. I applied two coats of spray paint to each flower pot. I allowed them to dry completely overnight.
2. Determine the amount of fabric you need to cover the flower pot. I wrapped the fabric around the flower pot, then cut off the access.
3. Apply Mod Podge Outdoor Exterior right under the crease of the flower pot. *Note: Since these flower pots will be outside you must use the Mod Podge Outdoor Exterior to prevent the fabric from weathering.
4. Attach the fabric to the flower pot under the crease. It tends to slide as you pull it around the flower pot, so make sure you hold it in place to stick for a few seconds.
5. Then, as I went around the flower pot I cut a slit in the fabric about 3/4 of the way up towards the crease. That made it easier to straighten. Then I applied the Mod Podge Outdoor Exterior where it was needed while aligning, and smoothing out the fabric. I did this all the way around the flower pot.
6. Lastly, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge Outdoor Exterior on the fabric, and allow it to dry.
Very easy, and I love the way the DIY Flower Pots turned out!
I can’t wait to see how my outdoor living space comes together with my new DIY Flower Pots!
What outdoor projects have you been working on lately?
Have a good day!
I’ve linked up at:
Life with the Crust Cut Off, Someday Crafts, The Blissful Bee, Up to Date Interiors, French Country Cottage, Craft Dictator, Shabby Nest, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Whippberry, Tater Tots & Jello, View From the Fridge, Flamingo Toes, House by Hoff, Nifty Thrifty Things, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Not Just a Housewife, Upcycled Treasures