A Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Part 1

Nothing excites me more than planning a party. I spend countless hours researching party ideas and pictures. I make multiple trips to craft and party stores just to browse. It is a serious full blown obsession. But, honestly what could be more fun!?

Last year my best friend got married, so you know what that means….bridal shower!! Since we are getting close to wedding season I thought I’d share her Shabby Chic Bridal Shower with you.

I can’t take all the credit for this party. My partner in crime was the bride’s sister. I think we make a good team, but I’ll let you be the judge of that :)

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Header

I have so many pictures from this shower that I have decided to break this up into two posts. That way you won’t get overwhelmed, and can fully enjoy the shower as much as I did!

Are you ready for some Shabby Chic Bridal Shower inspiration? Here we go!

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Welcome

Some old apple crates, a bird cage and an old bridal veil used as decor to welcome the guests!

Shabby Chic Shower Centerpieces

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Table Decor

Lace, pearls, burlap, doilies, baby’s breath and Mason Jars are all essentials for a Shabby Chic Bridal Shower. And this is how we used them…..

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

The burlap worked great as a table runner. We added some lace and shabby chic fabric on top to add a little color. Then we used the Mason Jars, baby’s breath and flowers to make our centerpieces.

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

The Shabby Chic birds and cages were from Michael’s. I just love them…little touches add so much!

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

I’m ALL about the details when it comes to parties. We used twine to tie each of the napkins. The smallest details can really take a party from good to great.

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

We used an assortment of China plates from the bride’s family. What is more Shabby Chic than real China?

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

The mantle was decorated with a personal touch. The photos included the bride and groom’s parents and grandparents at each of their weddings. Very sentimental :)

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor

Next, the show stopper of any party for me…..the dessert table!!!

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor Dessert Table

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor Dessert Table

Notice the lace on the food labels, and twine on some of the desserts…more tiny details that go a long way! Each of the favor bags could also be closed by tying a lace or twine bow.

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Party Favor Bags

Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Decor Dessert Table

Next Monday, I’ll continue with Part Two of the Shabby Chic Bridal Shower. I have some great pictures from all the festivities, and of course the food spread.  Stay tuned!

Have a great Monday!

Erin's Signature

Smile Brilliant Bridal Ad

I’ve linked up at:

The Happy Housie, French Country Cottage, Up to Date Interiors, Flamingo Toes, Nifty Thrifty Things, View From the Fridge, I Should be Mopping the Floors

16 Comments on A Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Part 1

1. the Painted Apron
    April 7, 2014 at 8:05 am (1 year ago)

Wow Erin, everything looks so pretty, so many special touches! Love the lace on the blue Ball jars and the vignette at the entrance especially~and the dessert table!
    Jenna

• theblueeyeddove
      April 7, 2014 at 8:11 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Jenna! It was such a fun party to decorate for :)

2. the Painted Apron
    April 7, 2014 at 8:05 am (1 year ago)

Jenna

• theblueeyeddove
      April 7, 2014 at 8:11 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Jenna! It was such a fun party to decorate for :)

3. April Hoff
    April 8, 2014 at 7:00 pm (1 year ago)

I love planning parties too! This was so beautiful! You didn’t miss a single detail!

• theblueeyeddove
      April 8, 2014 at 7:32 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, April! This was a really fun party to plan for :)

4. April Hoff
    April 8, 2014 at 7:00 pm (1 year ago)

• theblueeyeddove
      April 8, 2014 at 7:32 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, April! This was a really fun party to plan for :)

• theblueeyeddove
      April 12, 2014 at 8:01 am (1 year ago)

Thank you, Southern Fried! I have more pictures from the Shower I’ll be sharing on Monday. We had so much fun planning this one :)

• theblueeyeddove
      April 12, 2014 at 8:01 am (1 year ago)

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on A Shabby Chic Bridal Shower – Part 1

1. […] another Bridal Shower post, but I had a few people ask questions about the game we played at the Shabby Chic Shower. So, I thought I’d break it down a little for you […]

2. […] another Bridal Shower post, but I had a few people ask questions about the game we played at the Shabby Chic Shower. So, I thought I’d break it down a little for you […]

3. […] right kind of props to highlight your food it is so appealing! As promised, here is Part 2 of the Shabby Chic Bridal Shower where I focus more on our food displays, and a fun game we played to keep the guests […]

4. […] right kind of props to highlight your food it is so appealing! As promised, here is Part 2 of the Shabby Chic Bridal Shower where I focus more on our food displays, and a fun game we played to keep the guests […]