Patio Furniture Update

My patio furniture has seen better days, and was really starting to look weathered after last summer. This spring I knew it was time for an update, so you know what that means…make-over! I love a good make-over, especially a good DIY furniture make-over!

Patio Furniture Update

See what I mean…yuck! As I mentioned on Monday’s post the inspiration for this update came from a fun turquoise chair my sister and I saw in Target. We decided to spray paint our chairs turquoise. But, what were we going to paint the love seat and coffee table? Decisions, decisions!

Patio Furniture Update

That’s when we decided to go with white. White and turquoise…it doesn’t get much better than that! I used Rust Oleum’s Gloss White to spray paint the love seat, and coffee table.

Patio Furniture Update

And what would we ever do with those hideous brown cushions? Why not cover them!? So, my mom and I did just that. I haven’t sewn anything in years…let me tell you it was easy and pretty fun!

Patio Furniture Update

Next up – pillows. We had two turquoise pillows already…yay! Then luckily Target had everything else we needed…

Patio Furniture Update

…including this darling chevron rug!

We went from this…

…to this!

Patio Furniture Update

I’m so happy my patio furniture had a succesful make-over! And I’m pretty confident it is thrilled with the finally result too. Is it just me, or does the furniture look like it’s smiling!?

Patio Furniture Update

I hope I have inspired you to update your patio furniture with a fresh make-over!

Who’s ready to get out the spray paint?

Happy Wednesday!

Erin's Signature

I’ve linked up at:

The Turquoise Home, Life with the Crust Cut Off, Someday Crafts, Up to Date Interiors, Craft Dictator, French Country Cottage, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Whipperberry, View From the Fridge, Nifty Thrifty Things, Flamingo Toes, Anything Goes Linky, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love, Not Just a Housewife, A Stroll Thru Life, Tatertots & Jello

39 Comments on Patio Furniture Update

1. Desire4theTruth
    May 14, 2014 at 9:09 am (1 year ago)

Fantastic! So bright and pleasant. Great job.

• theblueeyeddove
      May 14, 2014 at 9:10 am (1 year ago)

Thank you! I’m all about bright colors :)

2. Marsha
    May 14, 2014 at 9:24 am (1 year ago)

So pretty Erin! I am the spray paint queen-what a difference a little spray paint can make on about anything!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 14, 2014 at 9:56 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Marsha! Lately, I have been obsessed with spray painting everything! It’s so much fun :)

3. Tanisha
    May 14, 2014 at 10:57 am (1 year ago)

Such an amazing transformation! I’ve got a few outdoor tables that I need to add some life to and this serves as some great inspiration!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 14, 2014 at 11:01 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Tanisha! It’s amazing how some spray paint can put life back into a dull piece. Good luck with your tables :) I hope to see some pictures!

4. Erin@liveprettyonapenny
    May 14, 2014 at 3:00 pm (1 year ago)

your patio space looks great. I patrol craigslist alot for old patio furniture to update. Great job!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 14, 2014 at 3:46 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Erin! That sounds like fun! I bet you find some great stuff :) Thanks for stopping by!

5. Pat
    May 14, 2014 at 8:03 pm (1 year ago)

Love it! It is great how you coordinated the rug with the fun pillow and all the colors look fabulous together! What a great re-do!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Pat! It was such a fun project! I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out :)

6. Aniko@PlaceOfMyTaste
    May 15, 2014 at 2:09 pm (1 year ago)

What a cute little outdoor space you have created! Loving the colors!:-)Thank you for linking it up at Work It Wednesdays!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 15, 2014 at 2:34 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Aniko! Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by :)

7. Krista thehappyhousie
    May 16, 2014 at 10:16 am (1 year ago)

Fabulous color combo- it looks so fresh and fun now! I am about to order some new fabric for my outdoor cushions and am feeling really inspired now- thanks!!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 16, 2014 at 10:53 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Krista! The colors we chose definitely added some much needed life to our patio. Good luck with your patio furniture make-over! I hope to see some pictures :)

8. The DIY Homegirl
    May 17, 2014 at 12:14 am (1 year ago)

Wow, this is such a sharp, happy space you created! I love the combination of colors and patterns. Thanks for sharing!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 17, 2014 at 8:43 am (1 year ago)

Thank you! It was a fun project. Thanks for stopping by. Always enjoy your link party :)

9. Christine @ Rustic & Refined
    May 18, 2014 at 7:53 am (1 year ago)

Love the update you gave your patio…what a bright and cheery space to sit!

Love target too!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 18, 2014 at 8:38 am (1 year ago)

Thanks, Christine! Now we just need it to warm up a little bit so we can sit outside and enjoy it! :) Thanks for stopping by!

10. mindiehilton
    May 18, 2014 at 9:28 pm (1 year ago)

What a pretty outdoor space, bright and cheery. Please come share at the Anything Goes linky, if you have not already.

• theblueeyeddove
      May 18, 2014 at 9:36 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Mindy! It is definitely much more cheery than what I had before. I’ll have to check out your party. Thanks for stopping by :)

11. Lisa - A Merry Mom
    May 20, 2014 at 12:26 pm (1 year ago)

Amazing transformation. Your patio looks like a lovely place to sit and relax!

• theblueeyeddove
      May 20, 2014 at 1:52 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Lisa! Glad you like it. Now, it just needs to warm-up a little so we can enjoy it more :)

12. Erin Caylor
    June 4, 2014 at 10:19 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Erin. Just found your blog via the Snap link up! I have the same patio furniture and this will probably be its last summer as is. You’ve inspired me to update next year!

Erin
    upsideofchaos.com

• theblueeyeddove
      June 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm (1 year ago)

Glad my project could be an inspiration for you, Erin! It was really easy to do. I’m sure you will love your update next year! Thanks for stopping by :)

13. Jody
    June 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm (1 year ago)

Excellent make over! I love the colors and prints. My I suggest one thing. Some type of art work behind the love seat on the white fence. You can use a command hook to hang it.

• theblueeyeddove
      June 16, 2014 at 12:12 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks, Jody! Funny you should mention that because we were thinking about adding something to the fence! Thanks for stopping by and the suggestion :)

14. Marvick John
    July 3, 2014 at 3:42 am (1 year ago)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing superb article about Patio Furniture Update. This is very useful information for online review readers. Keep it up such a wonderful posting like this.

Regards,
    Marvick John,
    Suncoast Furniture

• theblueeyeddove
      July 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you! Glad you stopped by and liked what you saw. Have a nice weekend!

15. Marvick John
    July 11, 2014 at 6:03 am (1 year ago)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing superb article about Patio Furniture Update. This is very useful information for online blog review readers. Keep it up such a wonderful posting like this.

Regards,
    Marvick John,
    Suncoast Furniture.

• theblueeyeddove
      July 13, 2014 at 5:34 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you liked it :)

7Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Patio Furniture Update

1. […] Patio Furniture Update @ The Blue Eyed Dove […]

2. […] Patio Furniture Update @ The Blue Eyed Dove  […]

3. […] To see the complete Patio Furniture Update click here. […]

4. […] Patio Furniture Update […]

5. […] had the best time updating my patio furniture this […]

6. […] I just love this simple, but stunning Patio Chair Update from Erin at The Blue Eyed Dove.  Really, I’m in love with her whole patio set up.  Check it out here! […]